Firstly, visit the sites we link to. They give you more information about self-injury and what you can do to help yourself.

Where to get help

You can turn to your family doctor or, if your wounds are deep and dangerous, to the nearest Accident and Emergency department. If you want to talk to someone in confidence, you can use our need to talk pages to contact a befriender. Befrienders are not self-harm experts, but they will be there for you when you need to talk in confidence.

Self help services in your area

Local services that specialize in self-harm are few and far between, but you can find a list of those available by following this link

Back to self-injury information