Warning Signs: Verbal
Further examples of verbal warning signs for suicide:
"I'm thinking . . .
- of ending it all.
- I might as well shoot myself.
- of jumping in a river.
- I can't go on.
- I'll get out of it all.
- life is not worth living.
- nothing matters anymore.
- I wish I were dead.
- I'm a loser.
- I can't do anything right.
- no one can help me now.
- what's the use of going on?
- I just can't keep my thoughts straight anymore.
- if I killed myself, then people would be sorry.
- if I wasn't around no one would miss me.
- all of my problems will end soon.
- I won't be needing these things any more.
Make sure you read our pages on how to help a suicidal friend or relative